Monday, March 30, 2015

Week 13

Date
March 29, 2015

Distance
127 miles

Strava Link
Week 13

Route Map/Profile

Weather

Ride Report 

I had a big week last week, so I took things pretty easy this week. I did two recovery rides plus one day off, and then on Thursday I was feeling frisky and did a short but solid ride. I went easy on Friday and then rode full gas up Geiger on Saturday. I wasn't too happy with the results up Geiger. I was hoping to be about a minute faster.

I expected to feel good on Sunday. With the warm weather it almost felt like summer out there, so I did a summer-like route. I started with Geiger Grade, then down 6 Mile Canyon and back up the truck route to Virginia City. After that I decided to climb Mt. Rose for the first time this year. I don't know what it was, but I didn't feel good at all on Mt. Rose. I'm not sure if I'm not 100% recovered from last week or if I'm simply not in good climbing shape yet this year. I felt more sore than normal after the ride, too. I'll take it easy again next week and see how I feel.

Meanwhile, there was a pretty good crowd at the lake and people were out there in bathing suits. It was another beautiful day for a ride.


No comments:

Post a Comment