Friday, May 29, 2015

Week 21

Date
May 20, 2015

Distance
120 miles

Strava Link
Week 21

Route Map/Profile

Weather

Ride Report 

This was day 5 of a 10-day training block for Petoji. The goal was to average 110 miles per day over 10 days. I headed to Fernley for a little change of scenery and for a lower chance of rain. My legs were feeling surprisingly good for day 5 and the route was flat, so this was the fastest day of the 10. It was a fun day until the last 5 miles or so when a storm rolled in and brought strong headwinds with it. The good news is that I finished before the worst of the rain rolled in.

Sand Dunes
I was happy to feel good on day 5, but I got a little carried away and rode too hard. I paid the price on day 6. Hopefully this is a lesson that I will remember when Petoji comes around. No matter how good I'm feeling, I still need to be disciplined with my pacing.

No comments:

Post a Comment