Friday, May 29, 2015

Week 22

Date
May 25, 2015

Distance
105 miles

Strava Link
Week 22

Route Map/Profile

Weather

Ride Report 

This was day 10 of a 10-day training block for Petoji. The goal was to average 110 miles per day over 10 days. I ended up with 1110.8 miles, for an average of 111 miles per day. Mission accomplished.

Day 10 was another cloudy day with a chance of rain, so I did a few laps around Washoe Lake. After the 3rd lap the weather looked clearer to the north, so I headed that way but ended up getting rained on anyway. It was a fitting way to end the week. The weather wasn't cooperating all week, but there's a chance it won't cooperate during the real deal in August, so I suppose it was good training.

A fitting finish to the 10 days
I'm happy with how the 10-day training block worked out. Except for my pacing mistake on day 5, I didn't run into any major problems. My legs felt better than expected. I'd say the biggest challenge was mental fatigue from riding a lot of the same roads. (I was hoping to travel a little more, but with all the rain in the area I decided to stay close to home.)

I'm going to take it easy for a while. Time for a recovery week.

No comments:

Post a Comment