Friday, March 25, 2016

Week 12

Date
March 21, 2016

Distance
100 miles

Strava Link
Week 12

Route Map/Profile

Weather

Ride Report 
I took a quick trip out to Death Valley to check out the super bloom. It was well past the peak, but there were still a ton of flowers out there. I usually go to Death Valley at least once a year and I've seen a few flowers here and there, but nothing like this. In places the whole valley was blanketed in yellow. None of my pictures turned out very well, but there are some good ones here.

This week's ride started with a climb to Dante's View, which is 23 miles at 4%. The climb is long and steady for the first 18 miles or so and then gets steeper towards the end. Then at the very end things get really steep (0.3 miles at an average of 13%) and there are some fun switchbacks. What I love about Dante's View is that there's actually a payoff at the end with a spectacular view of the valley below.

Dante's View

The rest of the ride was a wind fest, but that's OK. I expect wind out there and the views make it all worth the while.

No comments:

Post a Comment