Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Week 1

Date
January 2, 2017

Distance
102 miles

Strava Link
Week 1

Route Map/Profile

Weather

Ride Video

Ride Report 
The year is off to a windy start. I did a windy century on the 1st and was hoping to take it easy and do a little mountain biking today. However, the weather forecast changed and there might be some snow tomorrow. What to do, fight the wind on a sunny day or hope to beat the snow on a cloudy day? I decided to go ahead and fight the wind. It's not fun, but at least I knew I'd be able to finish the ride. It may not snow at all tomorrow, but you never know. I wouldn't want to lose the whole year based on a stupid decision during the very first week.

As promised, it was windy. The weather chart above doesn't match what I was feeling out there. It wasn't all that windy to start, but picked up as the day went on. I did 30 miles or so riding back and forth on 395. The wind wasn't all that strong yet and only started to pick up towards the end of that section. Then I headed towards Yerington and it started getting bad. I did the first half in 3 hours, but due to the wind the second half took me more than 4 hours.


The good news is that the sun was out and it didn't feel all that cold. It was a long day, but it could have been worse and at least I was able to get my ride in. At the end of the year that will be the only thing that counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment