Sunday, January 29, 2017

Week 4

Date
January 24, 2017

Distance
100 miles

Strava Link
Week 4

Route Map/Profile
Weather
 Ride Video

Ride Report 
I wasn't looking forward to today's ride at all. The forecast was calling for sunshine, but I waited until almost 10:00 to leave and it was still cloudy and cold out there. I figured it was going to be cloudy all day. The weathermen haven't exactly been on a roll lately.

Luckily for me, the sun finally came out and it actually ended up being a nice ride. It was still cold out there, but the sun made it feel warmer than it really was. It just goes to show you that you should always at least get out there and give it a try. You never know what might happen. In the worst case scenario you can at least turn around and go back home. If you're sitting on the couch and the sun is out, what can you do? You'll never get that time back.


That's supposed to be the end of the snow for a while. I'll believe it when I see it. It's supposed to stay cold for a while, which isn't great, but at least if it's not snowing you know you can ride. I know this has been a super big storm and I'm probably overly emotional about this right now, but I'm not so excited to be living in Northern Nevada at the moment. Most of the year is great, but since I'm not into skiing I don't enjoy winter. So let's assume that December, January, and February are bad months to ride. That means that 1/4th of the year is sort of wasted. That's a lot of time if you look at it that way.

Would I be better off somewhere else? There's always the argument that having a bad winter makes you appreciate the summer more. There's probably some merit to that argument. The summers here really are fantastic. I'm always thinking to myself, wouldn't it be great if I could live here during the summer and live somewhere warm during the summer? That's the dream. So far I haven't been smart enough to turn that dream into a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment