Monday, January 16, 2017

Week 2

Date
January 13, 2017

Distance
100 miles

Strava Link
Week 2

Route Map/Profile
Weather
Ride Video

Ride Report 
The weather has been terrible all week. There's been rain, flooding, and snow. I haven't had a decent ride since last week's ride, really. I've been riding in the rain/snow on the road on my mountain bike. Even with those rides I was somewhat lucky that there wasn't ice on the roads. It was either rain or snow. Ever since I crashed on the ice in 2014 I don't take any chances with ice.

Which brings me to this week's ride. I was a little nervous about this week. The weather looked good for Friday, but it snowed quite a bit on Thursday, so I wasn't sure there would be enough time for the roads to clear up for me to get my ride in. I ended up driving to Yerington, partially to check out the roads and partially because there's a flat loop there that I figured would have clear roads. I ended up doing 3 loops plus a few extra miles on the side.

It didn't make for the most exciting ride, but since I haven't been able to ride as much as I've wanted lately I was just happy to be out there.






No comments:

Post a Comment