Friday, July 7, 2017

Week 26

Date
July 2, 2017

Distance
105 miles

Strava Link
Week 26

Route Map/Profile
Weather
Ride Video

Ride Report 
I'm back in Nevada and things are back to normal, I guess. With the rough winter, the weeks I spent trying to do 400-mile rides, and RASN, I haven't done much climbing this year. Now it's July, the weather is great, and all the passes are open. That means I can do whatever I want. I just need to get my climbing legs back so I don't kill myself in the process.

I did 3 climbs today- Kingsbury, Luther, and Monitor. It wasn't too crazy of a route (just under 10,000 feet) and the climbs were pretty well spaced out with flat sections in between. Still, I'm not used to doing multiple climbs in a day and I could feel my strength fading away on the last climb. No big deal. That's exactly what I expected. I'll do more climbing next week and hopefully I get just a little bit better every week.

If everything goes well I hope to make an Everesting attempt by the end of July. Then I'll probably focus back on riding across Nevada in August. Meanwhile, I'll be doing a lot of work on my house and I hope to sell it by the end of the year. I'll have plenty of things to keep me busy this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment