Monday, July 3, 2017

Week 25

Date
June 20, 2017

Distance
212 miles

Strava Link
Week 25

Route Map/Profile
Weather
Ride Video


Ride Report 
Day 9 of RASN. After what felt like a year of headwinds, I actually had a tailwind today. It was already blowing hard at 7:30 AM and I did my first 100 miles in about 5.5 hours. It calmed down a little during the middle of the day, but I still made it to Williston (the day's planned finish) after about 8.5 hours.

The tailwinds had me in a good mood and the quicker pace meant I was still feeling fresh, so I decided to just keep going all the way to Canada, which was only about 58 miles away at that point. Why waste a good tailwind? The wind actually picked up again towards the end of the day, so the last 58 miles went by pretty quickly.

It always feels good to finish a ride on a positive note. It was especially satisfying for this ride, because I had my rough moments out there in the wind, but those are mostly forgotten thanks to this ride.

As a whole, I was very happy with the ride. The route was solid. The plains were more interesting than anticipated. I rode pretty well, all things considered. I didn't have any flat tires. I didn't have any problems with motorists. I didn't get lost (except for trying to find one hotel). As much as I complained about the wind, the weather was pretty good. There were a few sprinkles here and there, but I only got rained on for real once. I did well with my nutrition. I never ran low on water. I kept up with my stretching. It just seemed like all of the little things went well. It was a great 9 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment