Sunday, December 1, 2013

Week 48

Date
November 29th, 2013

Distance
101 Miles

Time
6:18:16

Route Map/Profile

Weather

Picture


Ride Report
It's the day after Thanksgiving, which means I really needed a long ride today to make up for eating too much pie yesterday. It also means that it's time to be thankful, so here goes.

I am thankful for my health. I live to ride and I don't know what I'd do with myself if I weren't healthy enough to ride.

I am thankful that I have a job. I recently switched jobs and the new job has its pros and cons, but at least I can afford food and a place to live. My bike is getting old and it isn't the greatest, but at least I can afford to keep it going with new tires, chains, cables, etc. I'm not to the point where I love my job yet, but I'm on the right path and hopefully 3 years from now I'll be there.

I am thankful to live in Reno. There's so much great riding here. I have two great climbs (Mt. Rose, Geiger Grade) within 10 minutes of my house. Lake Tahoe is only a 30-mile ride away. There are a ton of other great times that I can drive to in an hour or less. The Bay Area is about 4 hours away and I can go ride great events like the Devil Mountain Double, Terrible Two, etc. Summers are beautiful- sunny and not too hot. Winters aren't really that bad. Most of the snow stays in the mountains.

Stay thankful out there, everybody. We're lucky to have found the most beautiful sport in the world and we're lucky to be healthy enough to enjoy it.

Strava Link

No comments:

Post a Comment