Saturday, December 31, 2016

2016: Year in Review

First, a few numbers:

12,084 miles

776 hours

701,904 feet
1 Everest

58 centuries

1 double century



Now let's look back at my goals:
  • One century per week
  • Century in 5 new states
  • One international century
  • 12,000 miles
  • One Everest
I did them all except for the 5 new states. Missing one goal isn't so bad, but I missed by a long shot. I didn't even get one new state this year. Needless to say, that will be a big priority for me next year.

At the beginning of 2016 I knew it would be difficult to top 2015. It's hard to top riding across the country after 10 years of dreaming about it. All of my numbers are down from last year, which I fully expected.

2016 got off to a good start with my week of riding in Tenerife, but the rest of the year didn't live up to my expectations. After I broke my hip in 2014 I told myself to make the most out of my health while I still have it. I didn't go big enough in 2016. I'm setting bigger goals in 2017. This time next year I want to look back at the year and feel like I actually learned my lesson in 2014. It's not that 2016 was a bad year. It just wasn't good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment