Thursday, December 3, 2015

Week 47

Date
November 29, 2015

Distance
101 miles

Strava Link
Week 47

Route Map/Profile

Weather

Ride Report 
It was a cold day out there. I considered driving to Sacramento for a little extra warmth but decided against it. I haven't done a real winter ride in a while, so I haven't really earned the right to wimp out just yet. Instead, I drove down to Genoa to do 6 loops of about 17 miles each. This meant I was always close to the car in case I needed more clothes.



The cold wasn't actually bothering me that much, probably because there wasn't any wind. The bigger problem was that I felt very, very slow. I felt like I was riding under water or something. I was pushing hard, but not getting anywhere. That's winter for you. The air is more dense, the clothes are less aerodynamic, and the body is in worse shape.

After the ride I saw a few deer at the park in Genoa.



No comments:

Post a Comment