Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Week 50

Date
December 15, 2015

Distance
100 miles

Strava Link
Week 50

Route Map/Profile

Weather

Ride Report 
We got a lot of snow on Sunday and I was worried that this ride wasn't going to happen. The roads were absolutely terrible Sunday night and there were still areas of ice on Monday morning. Ever since I crashed in February 2014 I've been a lot more hesitant to ride when there may be ice. Monday was cloudy and cold, but it was just good enough to help the roads clear up a little bit.

Tuesday was cold, but the sun was out for most of the day, so it ended up being a relatively pleasant ride. I started out doing loops in Sparks, just to be sure I was riding on clear roads. After about 50 miles of that, things seemed warm enough to venture out towards Pyramid Lake.

Clear low, snow high





The snow had melted in the valley, but there was plenty of snow left in the higher elevations. Pyramid Highway was fine, so I probably should have ridden out to Pyramid Lake from the start. No big deal, though. As long as I got a good ride in without crashing I'm willing to call it a good day.

I'm off from the 20th to the 23rd next week, and I plan on getting out of Reno for a while. I haven't decided where to go yet, but it will definitely be somewhere warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment