Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Week 52

Date
December 29, 2015

Distance
101 miles

Strava Link
Week 52

Route Map/Profile

Weather

Ride Report 
It snowed a little bit overnight and Tuesday was my only day off this week, so I headed out to Yuba City for clear roads and a little extra warmth. On one hand I feel like a wimp for avoiding the weather, but on the other hand there's a reason I live in Reno, right? Might as well take advantage of being able to drive somewhere warmer.

This was the Bike Around the Buttes route, which was a pretty good one. It starts out on empty farm roads and eventually makes a big loop around the Buttes. The one negative is that it's super flat, but I don't mind that too much this time of year.

The one hill of the day




The sun was out all day and it felt warmer than the high of 50 that the weather graph shows. A lot of people out there have orange trees in their yards. It would have been so nice to just ride by and grab an orange, but I resisted the temptation.

Week 52 is in the books, which means that the mission is accomplished. I was able to ride a century every week. It feels good to be back on track and I will definitely be back in 2016 to give it another go. Later this week I'll post a recap of 2015 and a preview of 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment