Saturday, September 10, 2016

Week 35

Date
September 4, 2016

Distance
201 miles

Strava Link
Week 35

Route Map/Profile

Weather

Ride Report 
I had my first full day off for a long time, so I decided to celebrate with a double. I was hoping to go somewhere a little more exciting than Susanville, but late planning on a holiday weekend meant that my options were limited.

This route actually ended up being more fun than I thought it would be. Not a lot of climbing, but enough to keep things interesting. That last climb on Eagle Lake Road isn't all that difficult, but it certainly felt that way with 180 miles already in the legs. I was lucky enough to finish in less than 12 hours. That was my goal for the day, but I wasn't sure if I'd be able to make it. There wasn't much wind today. Otherwise I probably wouldn't have made it.


August is over. I did 1,100 miles for the month, which isn't anything spectacular but is better than the 940 I did in July. It's been a weak summer, especially compared to last year. The good news is that things will pick up next summer. I'll have vacation time built up by then and I have a plan. I have to remember the lesson I learned in 2014: I want to make the most of being able to ride while I'm still physically able.

Meanwhile, this was a good way to end the summer. The days are getting shorter and the mornings are getting cold. Fall is a fun time to ride around here. I'm looking forward to it. You can be sure I'll be doing some Six Mile Canyon loops over the next month or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment