Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Week 38

Date
September 25, 2016

Distance
100 miles

Strava Link
Week 38

Route Map/Profile
Weather
Ride Report 
Three climbs this week: Spooner, 6 Mile Canyon, and Gold Hill. Did I mention that I love Six Mile Canyon this time of year? It hasn't changed much since last week. The trees are mostly green with some yellow.





I had another tubeless issue on Monday. I got a puncture that was too big to seal. I had to stop and put in a tube. This was bound to happen eventually. It wasn't really that big of a mess to put a tube in. (Taking it out later that week was.) My main concern was getting another flat with the tube. As mentioned, the tires I got aren't very puncture resistant. They're also wearing out super fast. More on that next week.

Anyway, a couple days before this week's ride I took both tires off, cleaned them out, and patched a few of the bigger holes. They make specific patch kits for this, but I just used a regular old patch kit that you would use for a tube. We'll see how that holds up. I also took this as an opportunity to switch from Orange Seal to Stan's. I wasn't necessarily unhappy with Orange Seal, but I wanted to give Stan's a try for comparison's sake.

So far so good. The patches are holding up well and I didn't have any noticeable punctures today. I guess Stan's will have to wait another week to get the chance to prove itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment