Monday, September 19, 2016

Week 36

Date
September 11, 2016

Distance
103 miles

Strava Link
Week 36

Route Map/Profile

Weather

Ride Report 
This was another wind avoidance day. At the end of the year I should go back and count how many times I've done this route on a windy day. I've timed my ride pretty well on windy days lately, and today was no different. I got started later than I wanted, but the wind didn't really pick up until around 2:00. I'll consider that a win. I had good luck with the wind last week for my double, so I'm willing to pay the price for that this weekend.

Fall is coming. The brush is flowering.
Meanwhile, I'm starting to get used to the lower tire pressures I've been running with tubeless. I went with 80 in the rear and 75 in the front today. That seems to be the sweet spot for me right now. I went as low as 60 for some of my 1-hour slow rides and that felt like I was going too far. Most of the roads I ride are pretty smooth, so I doubt I'll be going that low on a regular basis. Either way, it's been fun to experiment and I still haven't had a flat that has forced me to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment